Fashion Courses, Fashion Illustration
with Laura Volpintesta: author, illustrator, designer, and creative instigator
Are you drawn to fashion illustration and design?
You LOVE ideas, colors, textures,people, styles, art, imagination…
….but you don’t “know how to draw” and want to go deeper…?
You know that you can learn fashion illustration tools and techniques, explore and sketch your ideas out…
Whether for career skill or for the pure exhilaration of creating,
I want you to LOVE what you do, and get experience and confidence!
You can’t/ don’t want to stop your life, invest a gazillion dollars, and move to a major fashion program yet or ever.
YOU WANT TO DO IT NOW!!
I’ve been teaching Fashion Courses at Parsons School of Design in NYC for 20 years now. I’ve had over a thousand budding designers and illustrators come through my rooms and learn from beginner to porftolio level fashion courses in model drawing, illustration, and design.
EACH of them has had a UNIQUE VOICE, and I would love to help you bring out yours.
Based on my “WHOAH!” discoveries as a student and as a teacher, I’ve developed fashion courses for you because you can:
- learn formal and informal sketch techniques
- try new art supplies and tools
- collect and create from inspiration
- explore and discover your own unique style
- learn standing, posed model drawing
- render color and texture
- sketch details, design collections
FREEDOM FASHION SEMESTER is a 16 week online course of self study
- learn fashion illustration art supplies and tools
- quick idea sketching AND finished illustration techniques
- model drawing: posed, standing, expressive figures
- garment details like stitching and collars
- gouache watercolor technique and color mixing
- create textures and shapes, shadows and patterns
- research inspiration boards
“ABOUT FACE” Digital Drawing Course is a 4 week, 60 minute per week video course and community.
Using iPad or Tablet, (iOs or Windows apps) in this course you will:
- learn to map out faces and heads proportionally
- draw features that feel three-dimensional
- create with grey-scale and full color
- explore Tayasui Sketches app– organic, natural-looking, textural art tools
- paint with Adobe Illustrator DRAW app– slick, clean,smooth tools
- find and express your voice as you create fashion illustration
- discover and gain confidence through experimentation
Online fashion schools offer amazing flexibility, community and reduced stress learning. You can also study with me on Craftsy.com. Learn the A-B-Cs in a beautifully produced, Craftsy-studios course.
Learn to sketch basic bodice, skirt, jackets, classic shirt, and shift dress…. plus gathers, darts, ruffles, pockets, cuffs, collars and other design details so you can create your own design drawings! No figure drawing… just garment flats.