Fashion Patternmaking Online Course: Fashion Patternmaking DEMYSTIFIED!
A Fashion Patternmaking Online course is empowering for sewists, designers, and illustrators alike.
Do you love Fashion?
When you UNDERSTAND how clothes are made, it changes the way you draw them, the way you sew. It changes the way you talk about fashion design and fashion garments. While it helps to know a bit about sewing, this class has to requirements to start studying right away.
IN just 8 weeks, you can learn the fundamentals and foundations of fashion making and fashion pattern making now.
It’s amazing how simple a lot of the principles are, but we never really get it broken down for us in a way we can understand.
Even if you “don’t have space” to spread out every week, you can work with 1/4 scale patterns provided to walk through all of the exercises right on your desktop.
While there is an extensive kit you COULD use, only a few tools are really essential to learn what you need.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU KNEW……
- you can copy a garment you own that you love that fits great?
- how you can modify existing garments by making changes to them?
- the fundamental basic building blocks of fashion garments and fashion design?
- which words designers use to talk about fashion details?
- what the different components of fashion patterns are called?
- standard essential measurements you need, and what they are called?
- how to create lines and curves without a fancy ruler?
- the processes used by designers alter or correct patterns?
- what are/ how to make create gathers, darts, flares?
- when and where to add seam allowance?
- what essential workshop tools are needed and why?
- where notches go and why? etc.
8 90 minute modules make up level 1 in this Fashion Patternmaking Online course. The modules will drip out weekly from April 1 and stay open. So will the course community.
You can see the course outline and signup info right here. The first class session rolls out on April 1!
You keep lifetime access to the video lessons and course community. Share your projects, ask questions, get answers and feedback.
I loved teaching an 180 hour Fashion Patternmaking Studio at Parsons before. I’ve also taught 180 courses in Draping and Sewing which inform this class as well,– it all ties in together. As a matter of fact, this class ties in WONDERFULLY with the design work we do in the FREEDOM FASHION program, as well. Learn about FREEDOM FASHION here.
That’s why in THIS class, I sum up the essentials so that you can absorb the key principles and go off and running yourself without having to stop your whole life to learn them. If a lot of students want to go deeper when it’s over, i may open a level two session. Q and A will be happeining weekly inside the course through typed comments and photos in our cozy community which is NOT ON FACEBOOK so you can stay focused and not distracted lol!