DIGITAL FASHION ART COURSE
“ABOUT FACE”- digital fashion art course teaches you all about faces: front, profile and 3/4 angle.
while ALSO teaching you some elegant, fun, imaginative and amazingly versatile APPS on your iPad or tablet to sketch them with!
I have always taught art and fashion sketching with gouache, watercolors, pencils, ink pens…. and still do!
When and why did I begin digital fashion art?
Exactly one year ago, though, I started exploring apps on my new iPad to see what they were capable of for drawing and illustration.
I was skeptical and resistant and found a LOT OF APPS I DIDN’T LIKE AT ALL!
And then, I had a breakthrough……….
I found one single app that seemed to open the doors for me. It felt right– and so
I FELL IN LOVE with them!
(and I”m still in love with “old school art supplies” too! We use them in my Signature FREEDOM FASHION online semester course.)
REASONS why I adore digital art apps on a tablet or device.
- digital fashion drawing is clean and bright
- sketching tools in apps are easy to erase
- drawing on a device is versatile than you think
- digital illustration is clearer when you share it on social
- different art apps have different capabilities…. some are very slick and clean, some are more “organic” and natural in feel.
- digital art doesn’t HAVE to look flat, stiff, or lifeless
- apps are elegant and inexpensive
- you can use your iPad to create art anytime, anywhere, with no mess and nothing much to carry!
- a stylus is NOT required
- you can zoom in on your work for detail
- it’s easy to sign, watermark, and resize your images for different purposes. (I’ll teach you how I use an app to create and use a watermark!)
I’ll teach you my favorite apps plus some tools for watermarking your work as a bonus.
You’ll learn all of my favorite design, color, and drawing tips for faces and getting a fashion feeling to express however you see it!
I’ve been working with beginner to advanced students for 20 years at Parsons School of Design. Trust me.
Let’s explore, grow, and master these apps in the spirit of fun and expression!
All of these images are mine, created on iPad from photos and/ or from my imagination.