A few things to remember for sure if you’re new to art, drawing, or fashion illustration:
- love yourself where you are at here, now (beginning a new skill may feel overwhelming)
- think often about where you want to go…. not in despair, but in the joy of imagining the feelings and images of when you “get there”
- have a great dream, and also appreciate the wonder and beauty of the dream of today. There’s always so much to appreciate.
- love the adventurous journey that brings you toward your dream.
- accept that there will be ups and downs along your path– that’s your “GPS” guiding you and telling you where to go and how.
- in doing, you come closer and closer to you goal!
- but you gotta love yourself where you are at…you’ll get where you need to be in PERFECT TIME
- the journey is the most amazing lesson and gift in itself
- we are all students….and teachers
(I’m reminding myself, here)…
To enroll in the free beginner masterclass, just subscribe for email updates from Fashion Illustration TRIBE at the top or bottom of this page, then register on the course site and enjoy! The link will come to your inbox.
(The online course platform will require you to register for the course, but this doesn’t involve any commitments or responsibilities, it only gives you access to the course) If you decide to participate in the discussions, you can adjust your notification settings to either receive or not receive updates to the class discussion, such as comments on your work or replies to comments you make).
Also, you may want to try my “boost” course called “Everything but the Girl” for a real GAME CHANGER in your drawing practice. Check it out here.
It’s a seemingly simple yet disarming fashion illustration course with exercises for you to try, and then demonstrated it for you in in the course.
The reason I’ve put it into an online course platform is that you can share your images and see images from others in the class, and have conversations there, if you so choose.
(and I just love that part!)
…It gives you the flavor of my online fashion illustration course online for design.
Otherwise, you can just view the videos, either way.
I hope you enjoy the activities!
My premium online courses take a similar format, only we have about an hour of videos each week plus assignment exercises and design projects each week, with lots of feedback and attention as you need it. At the price of a single college credit, you get a deep experience of my college level content and 17 years experience teaching at a leading fashion institution in NYC. Plus my sheer love of creativity and helping bring out the BEST in you!
This gives you a taste of the course format. And there are some segments still to come.
Above all, have fun! The beauty will follow those good feelings. Turn up some good tunes!
(I just had to put in these fashion illustrations by the amazing Brazilian superhero designer Ronaldo Fraga, because I love him, for a burst of creative inspiration)
2 thoughts on “Negative Shape, Proportion, and Plumbline: Fashion Illustration Course Online”
Yes, dream. Our creative vision is our deepest voice calling to make the world that wants to be made real!
have a great dream, and also appreciate the wonder and beauty of the dream of today